Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Monday, August 10, 2009

Passport to the Cure-ACS Event-Aug 7th
















Well the big event is finally over and was so much fun!! Now the anxiety is over! I can't tell you how wierd it felt to be painted and then to stand there like a sculpture in front of people:))))
I was breast cancer, then we had skin cancer, blood, ovarian and lung cancer. They dedicated mine to my sister Lynn who has breast cancer and is fighting it for the 3rd time in 6 years! They did an amazing story on her and I was very touched by the woman who came up to me and took pics with me! My friend Ashley dedicated ovarian cancer for our lovely friend Natalie who passed away with Ovarian Cancer this year. I worked with these girls at Von Maur when I first moved to Omaha. It took me over 1 and 1/2 hrs to get the paint off me and my shower was a mess afterwards. Lexi was a little scared of mommy when she came home as I looked like a super hero :)))) The weekend was very busy for us, my mom and Maria came into town and we enjoyed the company and had so much fun. Although I had to leave for a girls night in KC at the Power and Light District and it was a blast!!!! Daddy went to a bachlor party for a friend so Lexi got to spend a little time with Anthony and Melanie as they need practice for their little baby boy coming on Thanksgiving Day. Thanks for everyone for a fabulous weekend of memories!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment